Senior Health Watch Series – Glens Falls Senior Center
Seniors are welcome to attend this free series of lectures and workshops presented by Capital Area Physical Therapy featuring Physical Therapist Torri M. Torrisi.
How can seniors maintain optimum health by paying particular attention to diet, activity, wellness and safety? These presentations are designed to provide seniors and caregivers with valuable information on activities, strategies and specific approaches to health and wellness as we age.
Health Watch Series March 2020
- Location: Glens Falls Senior Center at 380 Glen St., Suite 1, in Glens Falls
- Time: 1:30 – 2:30 pm
March 12th: Intro to the Basics Everyone Should Know to Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
– Exercise/ activity recommendation from the AMA and AHA
– General healthy eating information for a balanced diet
March 19th: Nutrition and Exercise Recommendations Specific to Prevalent Chronic Illnesses
– We will cover arthritis, diabetes, HTN/ heart disease, OA/ osteoporosis
– If there is any other health condition you would like us to cover please let us know
March 26th: Hands-On Workshop
– Fall risk assessment and safety tips to avoid falls
– 24-hour food diary recall with Q and A
– A brief summary of the general health information from the first presentation (in case anyone misses it)
Tori M. Torrisi, PT, DPT, ATC is a highly skilled physical therapist at Capital Area Physical Therapy who has a special interest in working with seniors. She believes in a multi-faceted approach to physical therapy, specifically promoting a well balanced lifestyle for seniors, while helping them continue to reach their particular goals. Her clinic specialties include orthopedics and vestibular therapy, helping patients minimize falls and related balance issues.